The renowned Vicenza gold.
A centuries-old tradition
in the Veneto town
The Vicenza gold handicraft is just one of many expressions of the creativity of this Italian town located in the region Veneto.
Vicenza is well known for being the town of Palladio, hosting renaissance architectural masterpiece in every corner, just like La Rotonda villa , worldwide known and studied by every architecture student.
So, if you are not under time constraint, after attending the gold trade fair you may think about a visit to the historic town. In this regard, you may be interested in the top 10 things to see in Vicenza .
The International Vicenza Gold Fair takes place three times a year in the Veneto town.
It is the most important and renowned exhibit in the world: every year thousands investors and traders gather in order to display their jewelry articles, promote their brand and find potential new customers.
At the Vicenza fair it is easy to make a deal by purchasing gold and silver jewels and bullions at a convenient price, sometimes way below the official spot rates.
Italy is worldwide renowned for its fine handicraft, and goldsmith holds a leading position: even if under attack both by the economic crisis and the increasing world competition, Italy is still considered the world leader in this field.
The four most important Italian gold jewerly producing hubs are Vicenza, where it is made a big amount of all Italian gold manufacturing, Arezzo in Tuscany, Valenza in Piedmont and Torre del Greco in Campania. Precious metal jewels and other items made in Italy cover about 70% of all the European goldsmith production, making Italy the world leader in goldsmith making, both for the beauty of its articles and the remarkable technical skills.
Facts about Vicenza gold production and fair
- The Vicenza precious metals producing hub – encompassing different areas of the province, like the medieval town of Bassano del Grappa - is the Italy’s leader in jewelry production.
- One third of all the Italian goldsmith is made in Vicenza.
- I may say that the jewerly production is in the DNA of the entrepreneurs of Vicenza: just think that the Veneto's town, nicknamed the Gold Town, boasts over 700 years of goldsmith tradition.
- The Vicenza’s goldsmith segment is made up of thousands small – medium companies with a great ability of making articles with a strong market appeal.
- The Vicenza goldsmith fair is the first one in the world in terms of variety of product offer and amount of business.
- Vicenza's jewelry is aimed at a medium and high end market, like international buyers and wholesale trade groups.
Target visitors are jewelry designers, jewelry manufacturers, stores, importers and exporters, buyers of gem and jewelry manufacturing equipments and machinery.
- Thousands exhibitors from tens different countries attend the Vicenza fair every years.
- As for Vicenza's jewelry the most important buyers are the United States, then the Middle East and the Far East.
- Vicenza is well known for producing 18 carat gold jewerly.
- In Vicenza are made hollow gold, chains, moulded jewellery like bracelets, charms, rings, and other different types of gold and silver items.
- The Italian town is also famous for its golden watchcase production.
- At the Vicenza fair you’ll find the new collections of the most important international jewerly designers, and the latest trends about what is cool for the next saison.
- The Vicenza gold fair also hosts a relevant exhibition of goldmith machinery and equipment.
- As a complementary activity, every year the Vicenza fair hosts a rich schedule of workshops and meetings.
Here the Vicenza Fair official website
From Vicenza Gold to Vicenza Italy
Go to Veneto Explorer Home Page